- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa - Clerk to Honorable Mark W. Bennett
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa - Clerk to Honorable Leonard T. Strand
- North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology - Web Editor
- University of North Carolina, J.D.
- North Carolina State University, B.A.
- National Taiwan University
- National Taiwan Normal University, Mandarin Training Center
The sole focus of Will's practice is business transactional work. He helps clients start, restructure, purchase and sell their businesses; protect and manage their IP assets; advises on corporate governance issues; and reviews and negotiates day-to-day contracts across industries and subject matter.
Lawyers are in the business of knowing abstract concepts and applying this knowledge to their clients’ real-world issues. Legal training, and many lawyers, focus almost exclusively on learning and delivering that abstract legal knowledge as phone calls, emails, or other written deliverables. Good legal advice, requires that a lawyer grasp both the legal concepts and, more importantly, the underlying business context.
Will's background includes: working as an electrician; teaching English in South East Asia; installing and managing VoIP phone systems; managing several bars and a salon; repairing arcade machines; manned the reference desk at university libraries for years; and bagged groceries. These diverse experiences, in addition to serving as the managing partner for Boerema Blackton, allow him to appreciate the business and real-world considerations that impact the legal work he does for his clients.